From fashions do's and don'ts to Live Blogging and Chatting Throughout the Event, PopSugar.com and the Rest of the Sugar Network is Prepared for the Oscars®
SAN FRANCISCO - Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - When it comes to the year's most anticipated awards show, nobody has it covered better than the editors of the Sugar Network. As moviegoers and red carpet watchers prepare for the 79th Annual Academy Awards, the Sugar Network will have everything fans need to satisfy their appetite for all things Oscar, including up-to-the minute fashion discussions, party planning tips, past ceremony highlight reels, live blogging and ongoing chats that night.
Beginning Monday, February 19th, the Sugar Network will become the premiere online destination for planning and watching the film world's biggest night on television. Throughout the week, visitors to the Sugar Network will see:
- PopSugar.com - A full week of reporting and photos of the pre-event parties and festivities culminating in live blogging throughout the Academy Awards telecast.
- FabSugar.com - A special weeklong Oscar edition of Fashion 101, a trivia series reviewing past fashion successes and blunders, several Oscar edition FabFinding sessions where Sugar Network users help pick out the ultimate Oscar and post-Oscar party outfits, as well as live fashion and beauty blogging â including love and hate it polls â immediately upon the starsâ arrivals on the red carpet.
- BuzzSugar.com - A full week of Oscar balloting, the winners of which will be entered in a drawing to win gift cards to popular stores and a grand prize of a Prada purse, as well as live blogging on Oscar night with ongoing discussions about the winners.
- TeamSugar.com - The community comes alive with blogging, polling and a live chat with all Sugar Network editors throughout Oscar night.
- YumSugar.com - A weeklong "Academy Awards Come Party With Me" series, including invitation and party planning, menu and beverage creation, etc.
- FitSugar.com - A series of posts about Oscar nominees and fitness routines to help you achieve their look, theme related workouts to best pictures from the past and tips for destressing before the big event.
- GeekSugar.com - A weeklong look at the top gadgets featured in this yearâs nominated films and a look back at the best gadgets featured in past yearsâ winning films, as well as an in-depth look at the geekiest Oscar winners.
- GiggleSugar.com - Highlight reels featuring the funniest moments of past Oscar telecasts.
"What was once a family affair huddled around a radio has turned into a large party with hundreds of friends online. Many people will be watching the Oscars this year with their laptops and the Sugar sites will be supplying plenty of entertainment for those active audiences," said Lisa Sugar, Editor in Chief of Sugar Publishing, Inc.
In fact, according to a February 2007 report by eMarketer, more than two-thirds of the total US adult Internet population watches TV while going online. The Sugar Network is confident that this multitasking population will find its way to this network of sites to partake in the second largest television event of the year. The network first saw evidence of this during the Golden Globes telecast last month. Sugar Network coverage of the Golden Globes, and subsequent follow-up coverage, saw a 14% increase in week-over-week unique visitors and a 62% increase in pageviews, with users discussing fashion winners and blunders and the merit of the evening's winners on the various Sugar Network channels.
"Awards season is our Super Bowl and we've gone beyond live-blogging," said Sugar. "We will be interacting with our audience in live chat rooms and with live polling on outfits, performances and the winners acceptance speeches. It will be a huge party whether or not you spend all day dressing up for the event."
About Sugar Publishing
Sugar Publishing, Inc., the privately-owned, media company, is focused on creating the richest, most relevant online community for trendsetting, passionate, smart women. Building upon the insanely addictive flagship website, PopSugar.com, Sugar Publishingâs network now includes FabSugar.com, BuzzSugar.com, YumSugar.com, FitSugar.com, GeekSugar.com, GiggleSugar.com, DearSugar.com and TeamSugar.com and boasts more than two million unique visitors a month. Founded in April 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sugar Publishing is committed to creating the best, most comprehensive, and just plain fun online community for women.
# # #