CitizenSugar.com, a site dedicated to the latest headlines and political news. The launch, coupled with last week’s introduction of the company’s career and finance site, SavvySugar, marks the Sugar Network’s significant expansion beyond the lifestyle and entertainment arena. “We started out by offering women distractions from the craziness of their day-to-day lives with the guilty pleasures of celebrity gossip and fashion, but our readers told us that they are news junkies as well,” said Lisa Sugar, Editor-in-Chief of Sugar Inc. “The launch of CitizenSugar makes the Sugar Network a one-stop-shop for women to get all of their news and information, be it political, gossip, family or more. We are thrilled to be throwing our hat into the ring during this exciting primary season.” CitizenSugar provides readers with an entertaining look at breaking news, politics and the most hotly debated issues. Featuring summaries of the day’s headlines, profiles of newsmakers and the people behind their success, discussions of the issues that matter most to women and a regular look at the intersection of Hollywood and the Hill, CitizenSugar will provide readers with the Sugar Network’s unique mix of editorial and user-generated content. Regular CitizenSugar features include:
- Check This: The scoop and analysis behind the headlines, a must-read for the beyond well-read.
- Hot Button: A forum that dares to discuss everything controversial.
- Now You Know: Background on the most talked about issues – from No Child Left Behind, to Darfur.
- Ad-rageous: The best (or funniest) campaign videos and ads.
- Yay or Nay: Daily polls on everything from bumper stickers to national policy and everything in between.