SavvySugar to Help Women Keep Money in their Handbags with Financial and Career Advice
SAN FRANCISCO, January 7, 2008 – With New Year’s resolutions well under way, Sugar Inc. today announced a solution to women’s vows to organize their finances with the launch of SavvySugar.com
, a new site dedicated to money and career matters. The site is celebrating its launch by giving away one Apple Macbook every week for a month.
“Many women today are the CFO of their household and are doing more than just paying the bills – they are closely managing their personal wealth so they can afford that designer bag or an extra vacation,” said Lisa Sugar, Editor-in-Chief of Sugar Inc. “We’re very excited to add SavvySugar to our growing network, as our readers are requesting to learn more about money and achieving success at work. SavvySugar will provide women with the tips, advice and tools needed to make informed decisions about their personal finances and careers, and what better way to start off the year than with a resolution to better manage money and to make over your job into the one of your dreams.”
Using the Sugar Network’s proven formula of mixing editorial and user-generated content, SavvySugar will feature:
- Savvy Solutions: Advice and helpful tips on banking, investing, retirement, managing debt and more
- The Grind: An exploration of all things related to office life
- Ask Savvy: Straight answers to questions about any money or career issue
- Brilliant or Baffling?: Reviews of money management tools, organizational products, home office items and more
- How Money Are You?: Financial and career awareness quizzes
- Coming Up: A look at young female entrepreneurs, leaders and celebrities making news
- Your 2 Cents: Polls inviting readers to share their opinions about a variety of career & finance topics.
SavvySugar’s launch comes as women around the world are making New Year’s resolutions to become more financially fit. According to FranklinCovey’s annual New Year’s Resolutions Survey, the number one goal for 2008 is to get out of debt or save money. Unfortunately, as the survey found, 35 percent of the respondents break their resolutions before the end of January. With that in mind, SavvySugar will launch with a “New Year, Richer You!” feature to help keep readers on track with their personal goals throughout the year.
About Sugar Inc.
Sugar Inc. is an online media network focused on creating the richest, most relevant online community for trendsetting, passionate and smart women. The company owns and operates ShopStyle
, Coutorture Media and the Sugar Network, which includes the insanely addictive flagship website, PopSugar
as well as BellaSugar
, the 2007 People's Choice Webby winner for Fashion. Founded in April 2006, the San Francisco based Sugar Inc. overall receives over 6 million unique visitors a month. World-class investors including Sequoia Capital and NBC Universal fund Sugar Inc.