Sugar Inc. Enters Baby and Parenting Market with LilSugar and ShopStyle Kids
SAN FRANCISCO, November 12, 2007 –Sugar Inc. proudly announced the arrival of LilSugar.com
today, a new site dedicated to pregnancy, children and parenting. The site is celebrating its launch with a $500 BabyStyle gift card giveaway that will be offered at LilSugar.com.
Sugar Inc. also announced the launch of ShopStyle Kids
a baby and childrenswear extension to ShopStyle, the premier shopping destination for women who love fashion.
“Today's moms are lucky enough to have more than friends and family to talk to - they are turning to the Internet for the latest information on everything from toy trends and product recalls to feeding suggestions, celebrity baby news and fashion advice,” said Lisa Sugar, Editor-in-Chief of Sugar Inc. “As the mother of a 17-month- old, I know how important it is to find and share information with other moms. LilSugar will provide moms with the products, tips and anecdotes they need to get through their pregnancies, and then survive both the exciting and the trying events of the infant and toddler years.”
LilSugar provides readers with an entertaining online playdate, featuring reviews of the latest products on the market, discussions about mama dramas and spotlights on celebrities and their children. In addition, LilSugar has fun, interactive programs, such as polls, quizzes and a featured Sugarbaby of the Week.
Regular LilSugar features include:
- Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me?: A look at the things nobody told you about motherhood
- Pimp Your Crib: Features and reviews on luxury kiddie must haves for the home
- Lil' Tip: Quick daily parenting tips
- Ga Ga or Gag?: Daily polls about new baby products
- Kid Friendly or Are you Kidding?: Polls about some of the stranger new products to enter the marketplace
- Mommy's Lil' Helper: Tips for involving children in household chores
- Tunes and Texts: A daily look at new books and CDs
- Simple and Swank: A look at new luxury items and their inexpensive counterparts
- Celebrity Baby Style: A look at what celebrity children are wearing and where to buy
- Baby Bump: A look at all things pregnancy related
- Mommy Alert!: Information and updates on the latest toy recalls, studies about children and more
- Trendtotting: Current and seasonal trends as they relate to children
LilSugar’s launch comes as moms are spending more time online than ever before. According to eMarketer figures from DoubleClick Performics and Microsoft, 61 percent of moms use the Internet multiple times each day. These moms are turning to the web for advice, support and shopping. Forrester Research projects that U.S. online retail sales of baby products will reach $1.9 billion in 2007 and grow to $2.3 billion in 2008.
Fashionable moms have also learned that shopping online is fun and saves time, which has also led to the launch of ShopStyle Kids today. ShopStyle Kids integrates fashion, social media and commerce to provide women with the tools to browse, create, share and shop for personalized children’s looks. The site currently features trusted and trendy national and boutique brands from retailers including BabyGap, and The Children’s Place among others.
About Sugar Inc.
Sugar Inc. is an online media network focused on creating the richest, most relevant online community for trendsetting, passionate and smart women. The company owns and operates ShopStyle
, Coutorture Media and the Sugar Network, which includes the insanely addictive flagship website, PopSugar
as well as BellaSugar
, the 2007 People's Choice Webby winner for Fashion. Founded in April 2006, the San Francisco based Sugar Inc. overall receives over 5 million unique visitors a month. World-class investors including Sequoia Capital and NBC Universal fund Sugar Inc.