SAN FRANCISCO, CA- April 17, 2013 - POPSUGAR Inc., a global media and technology company at the intersection of content and commerce, today launched POPSUGAR Girls' Guide, a new original YouTube channel. The channel will launch with seven new shows to provide the ultimate guide to living life in style. Shows will explore signature lifestyle categories such as style, healthy living, entertaining, relationships, technology, politics, culture, and entertainment. POPSUGAR Girls' Guide will feature POPSUGAR's in-house expert editors, celebrities who are inspirational thought-leaders for women, prominent YouTube stars, and other special guests.
The launch of POPSUGAR Girls' Guide, along with the recent launch of POPSUGAR Live, a twice-daily, live streaming long-form lifestyle show anchored from studios in LA, New York and San Francisco, is a continuation of POPSUGAR's emergence as the leader in creating original online video lifestyle content for women 18-40.
Commenting on the news, David Grant, President of POPSUGAR Studios, stated: "POPSUGAR succeeded by developing a reputation for fresh, fun, and authentic expert content around women's lifestyle passions. POPSUGAR Girls' Guide will stay true to this mission driven by Editor-in-Chief and Co-Founder Lisa Sugar's desire to address real-life topics that women deal with on a daily basis -- and to do it with style and humor."
POPSUGAR Girls' Guide launches today with the following seven brand-new, original shows:
• Top That! -- Beloved YouTube star Tyler Oakley and POPSUGAR Entertainment Reporter Becca Frucht round up the week's hottest entertainment news, viral videos, and pop-culture trends.
• Dear Danielle -- Danielle Fishel, Boy Meets World teen icon and star of the upcoming spinoff Girl Meets World, dishes out love and dating advice to POPSUGAR readers.
• The Sync Up -- Silicon Valley insider and technology expert Veronica Belmont shares her techy tips and tricks on everything from creating an unforgettable dating profile to developing pinning prowess on Pinterest.
• Designer DIY -- POPSUGAR Fashion Reporter Allison McNamara shows you how to achieve fashionable high-end looks for less, with her quick and easy how-tos.
• Just Add Sugar -- From crazy cakes to special sweets, POPSUGAR Food Reporter Brandi Milloy shares festive recipes to create delicious desserts for every occasion.
• Lazy Girls' Guide to Beauty -- YouTube beauty guru Jackie Perdue guides viewers through must-have shortcuts every girl should know to look her best in a flash.
• Theme My Party -- POPSUGAR Reporter Brandi Milloy reveals her best tips to plan the perfect party from creating invitations to picking out the perfect guest gifts.
Visit POPSUGAR Girls' Guide on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/popsugargirlsguide and join the conversation on Twitter at #PSGG.
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company at the intersection of content and commerce — online, on mobile, and at your door. POPSUGAR.com is the go-to destination for the biggest moments, the hottest trends, and the best tips in entertainment, celebrity, fashion, beauty, fitness, food, and parenting. In addition to the best original lifestyle content, POPSUGAR's growing portfolio of commerce brands includes ShopStyle, the leading fashion search engine, and POPSUGAR Must Have, a monthly subscription box featuring editor-curated products. Targeting women 18-40, POPSUGAR draws over 20M users worldwide, 50M live and on-demand video views per month, and half a billion in annual retail revenue. POPSUGAR Inc. is a privately held company funded by Sequoia Capital and Institutional Venture Partners with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and London. For more information, visit POPSUGAR.com and follow @POPSUGAR on Twitter.