The Bakery to Develop Custom Marketing Programs for Brands
APRIL 9, 2014 – San Francisco, CA — POPSUGAR Inc., a global media and technology company at the intersection of content and commerce, today announced the launch of The Bakery, an in-house, full-service creative resource that draws together POPSUGAR's programming expertise and internal talent to create innovative marketing programs for its brand partners. POPSUGAR has established The Bakery to meet increasing brand demand for its unique "recipe" for creating premium, original content that speaks to its 21M unique visitors spanning all aspects of women's lifestyle. The content and programs created by The Bakery can both be integrated natively into POPSUGAR's properties as well as be distributed across platforms and channels as brands wish.
"POPSUGAR's expertise, influence, and reach with this highly coveted audience of women is unparalleled," said Jen Wong, chief business officer for POPSUGAR. "With The Bakery, we are bringing together all of POPSUGAR's resources, talent, knowledge, and technology to create and distribute engaging content, experiences, and social media activations. We are uniquely positioned to connect brands to this target consumer."
- Insights: POPSUGAR Insights is a research platform drawing proprietary, first-party data from POPSUGAR's 21M monthly unique visitors and its fashion search engine, ShopStyle, informing brands of relevant, actionable and original insights for content, marketing opportunities and their competitive position as well as women's digital media usage and buying behaviors.
- Ideas: POPSUGAR's experienced team of content creators develops brand narratives and produces high-quality custom stories, imagery, and videos for seamless storytelling across platforms. This editorial-minded team deeply understands how to reach and engage women with content that resonates — from optimizing imagery for sharing on Pinterest to creating narratives with viral potential on Facebook that drive authentic coverage from recognized, influential bloggers.
- Production: With expert, TV-quality video content producers, POPSUGAR Studios regularly produces award-winning brand and native video content — 200 hours of original content annually, generating 50M monthly views, and a daily TV show. The Bakery offers brand partners access to state-of-the-art physical studios in Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco; live event broadcasts; and POPSUGAR's proven development executives and producers as well as custom digital development capabilities for immersive digital experiences across mobile and social platforms.
- Talent: The Bakery provides access to POPSUGAR's strong relationships with celebrity talent and top bloggers.
- Distribution: All content and experiences from The Bakery can be distributed via POPSUGAR's scaled footprint and channels, which include POPSUGAR.com, ShopStyle, POPSUGAR Select, and hundreds of partner sites on the POPSUGAR Video Platform, in addition to integration with TV and social media platforms.
- Experiential events and activations: Brands can interact directly with their consumers through POPSUGAR's Sample Squad, a panel of consumers who regularly provide feedback on new products, and through events ranging from in-store launches to meet-ups with lifestyle mavens and experts.
As part of The Bakery, brands can leverage all of POPSUGAR's assets and measure their efforts using POPSUGAR's proprietary native advertising and research platform, offering self-service publishing tools and user-engagement analytics.
"We are excited to collaborate with The Bakery. As an agency network working with top brands, we are thrilled to have publishing partners who can work together with our branded content agency, The Story Lab, to bring fresh ideas to the market by leveraging their full suite of in-house capabilities, distribution, and talent," said Angela Courtin, president of Dentsu Aegis Network, US.
To learn more about The Bakery, please visit thebakery.popsugar.com.
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company at the intersection of content and commerce — online, on mobile, and at your door. POPSUGAR.com is the go-to destination for the biggest moments, the hottest trends, and the best tips in entertainment, celebrity, fashion, beauty, fitness, food, and parenting. In addition to the best original lifestyle content, POPSUGAR's growing portfolio of commerce brands includes ShopStyle, the leading fashion search engine, and POPSUGAR Must Have, a monthly subscription box featuring editor-curated products. Targeting women 18-40, POPSUGAR draws over 21M users worldwide, 50M live and on-demand video views, and half a billion in annual retail revenue. POPSUGAR Inc. is a privately held company funded by Sequoia Capital and Institutional Venture Partners with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and London. For more information, visit and follow on Twitter.