POPSUGAR Debuts New Brand, New Website, and New Daily Show Focusing on Influential Tastemakers and Shoppers
SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES, and NEW YORK, February 20, 2013 — Today POPSUGAR Inc. announced a new brand and website, POPSUGAR; an enhanced shopping site, POPSUGAR Shopping; and a new daily show, POPSUGAR LIVE!, that together cement the company’s leadership in content and commerce for influential tastemakers and shoppers. POPSUGAR is delivering the industry’s most comprehensive, digital first destination that combines editorial, video, shopping, and search, all in one place.
Commenting on the news, Founder and CEO Brian Sugar, POPSUGAR Inc., stated, “POPSUGAR is everything women love, all in one place. With the rebrand, we are celebrating our greatest success: becoming the leading online destination where content and commerce connect. Whether you are reading about the latest trends on the runway, tuning in live to the Oscars red carpet, or searching for that ‘must-have’ item, you’ll find it all on POPSUGAR.”
The New POPSUGAR: “Everything Women Love, All in One Place”
POPSUGAR has redesigned its website with a new visual identity and product features that place content and commerce center stage. From the color palette to the improved universal navigation of the site, women can more intuitively read, watch, and shop, all in one place. Enhancements and new features include:
- New Homepage: The new POPSUGAR homepage features a carousel of trending content: photo galleries, videos, and also LIVE video content. The new homepage also features three different views: List, Full, and Grid, which will automatically default to your preference, showcasing breaking news and also content that is "most popular" from the various content channels.
- Streamlined Content Channels: The new navigation features dedicated content channels focused on celebrities, fashion, beauty, entertainment, fitness, living, and more. These channels present curated editorial slideshows, videos, and more. Robust algorithms will also recommend relevant stories and videos based on what you are reading and watching.
- POPSUGAR Shopping (formerly known as ShopStyle): POPSUGAR Shopping delivers unparalleled core search capabilities and now also offers curated editorial content and videos. POPSUGAR partners with thousands of leading retailers and fashion brands, including DVF, J.Crew, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, NORDSTROM, and many more. Shoppers can search for millions of products and shop from the best selection of items in fashion, home, kids, and more from around the web, all in one place.
- POPSUGAR Video: POPSUGAR Video has been redesigned to feature a carousel of popular and current videos. Video is also prominently featured on the POPSUGAR homepage.
- New User Profiles: The new POPSUGAR allows you to create your own user profile, create “lists” of items you love, bookmark your “favorite” items, shop, and share your looks with the community.
- New POPSUGAR Shopping Mobile App: POPSUGAR Shopping is also available on mobile devices including iPhone and iPad in addition to the enhanced POPSUGAR mobile app.
In support of the new brand launch, POPSUGAR will be unveiling an advertising campaign in the second half of 2013.
POPSUGAR today also announced it is premiering POPSUGAR LIVE!, its new live, daily show featuring entertainment news, lifestyle, and shopping programming. The show will launch live twice a day, at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. PT, and stream continuously on a 24/7 basis. POPSUGAR reporters Matthew Rodrigues, Allie Merriam, and Becca Frucht will anchor the show out of the POPSUGAR studios in Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco.
Every day, viewers will hear from POPSUGAR’s style, entertainment, and lifestyle editors as well as celebrities, stylists, designers, chefs, fitness experts, and more. Each show is approximately 20-30 minutes long and will feature 8-10 segments, including a new daily video shopping series, Daily Obsession, in which our experts bring viewers deals on items hand-selected by our editors. Segments of POPSUGAR LIVE! will also be available on demand, so viewers can experience the programming at any time and on any screen.
Commenting on the launch of POPSUGAR LIVE!, David Grant, President, POPSUGAR Studios, stated, “Women in our 18-40 demographic came of age in a digital, multiscreen, 24/7 world, and they expect to be able to be informed and entertained at any time and on any screen. With POPSUGAR LIVE!, we are adding an immediate live experience to complement our extensive on-demand programming, so they can come to us at any time to get access to the best in lifestyle editorial content and shopping, online.”
POPSUGAR LIVE! is the newest addition to the existing, unparalleled catalog of original, premium-quality video programming, which includes more than 250 new, original videos per month delivered to an audience of over 40M visitors per month*. Programming is available both live and on demand and spans celebrity, entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, and food content, culminating in an impressive 13M hours of video watched*. POPSUGAR Video is also available on mobile and connected devices, including Roku and Kindle.
*2012 POPSUGAR internal metrics and other third-party data; comScore reports.
POPSUGAR is where content and commerce collide. POPSUGAR delivers the biggest moments, the hottest trends, and the best tips in entertainment, fashion, beauty, parenting, fitness, and food, and the ability to shop for it all, in one place. Founded in 2006 by Lisa and Brian Sugar, POPSUGAR is funded by Sequoia Capital and Institutional Venture Partners and has offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and London. POPSUGAR has over 40M users and growing. For more information, visit POPSUGAR.com and follow @POPSUGAR on Twitter.